Thursday, July 21, 2011

How can this be?

I have  confession to make. I am a picky person, about everything actually. Clothes, food, and men. My dream man would be someone who is tall, athletic, and good looking. I admit, I set my standards high, however, all of these tall, handsome guys usually are the ones who tend to turn out to be a big ol' jerk! Lately, I have been so down about men, that I was just about to give up. Then something happened.

I met someone in an odd way, from a site I am on and I saw his photos and it just hit me like, wow, I know him from somewhere else? He looked familiar to me, and well, I went on the dating sites that I am on and looked for him. I actually spent quite some time going through all of these profiles just trying to figure out if I was right or not. I came across his profile finally, and well, I read through it, and saw that we had so many things in common and so many things that we both want out of life. I however, being the shy person I am didn't  do anything about contacting him, and to be honest, I am not sure why, but I just didn't.

I think it was a day later, and guess what? He obviously figured out that I looked at his profile, and he figured out where he knew me from as well, and I got an email from HIM! I was totally surprised, but the thing that really surprised me - he made the first move, and I am realizing that in the short time that we've been talking that I have grown to like him, a lot. I find him to be sweet, supportive, and good looking. He has listened to me more than I can say thanks to him for, and he has been there to support me daily (as many have!) in reaching my goals for both becoming healthier and making it through my first 1/2 marathon. I really like him, and I would really like to see where things could lead to.

I haven't had much luck in the whole dating game, and quite honestly, I feel like I suck at it, but you know what....I take that one day at a time. It's really nice when someone comes into your life and is accepting you for who you are and what you are about. It's nice to hear someone tell me what he finds attractive about me, and makes me smile, laugh and even blush for certain things. It's such a nice feeling. If he sees this (which I don't know how he would, but if he does) - I want him to know that I am grateful and so happy that he has entered my life and that I hope that things go well for us. I want to get to know him better, and be able to be there for him as much as he has been there for me.

It's all about patience (which for me people is ALWAYS hard for me!) and taking it one day at a time. After all, that is all we can do...and if it works out great, if not, then at least I have made a good friend. Thanks J. for being there for me - I truly appreciate and am so happy that you've entered my life.

No comments: